Terms of Service
PANDORA FOR BUSINESS SERVICE AGREEMENT
THIS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“You” or “Your”) AND DMX, LLC D/B/A MOOD MEDIA (“MOOD MEDIA”), STATING THE TERMS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE PANDORA FOR BUSINESS SERVICE DEFINED HEREIN. THIS AGREEMENT - TOGETHER WITH ALL UPDATES, ADDITIONAL TERMS, SOFTWARE LICENSES, AND ANY OF MOOD MEDIA'S RULES AND POLICIES THAT INCORPORATE THIS AGREEMENT BY REFERENCE - COLLECTIVELY CONSTITUTE THE "AGREEMENT" BETWEEN YOU AND MOOD MEDIA. USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE. YOU MUST ACCEPT AND ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AS PRESENTED TO YOU: CHANGES, ADDITIONS, OR DELETIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE, AND MOOD MEDIA MAY REFUSE TO ALLOW YOU TO USE THIS SITE AND/OR THE SERVICE FOR NONCOMPLIANCE WITH ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Definition of the Service. The “Service” means Mood Media's service through which businesses entities may access Pandora® internet radio using a ProFusion® media player (the “Media Player”) via proprietary software (the “Software”) under the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. “Pandora” shall mean Pandora Media, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- System and Equipment Requirements. Use of the Service requires the following items, which may change from time to time and which are Your responsibility:
a. An active Mood Media account in good standing for receipt of the Service.
b. An active Pandora account in good standing.
c. A computer with web browsing capabilities by which to activate Your Media Player and manage Your Pandora account.
d. A Media Player that has been issued to You directly by Mood Media..
e. Wired Broadband Internet access. Internet access is not included as part of the Service, and third party fees may apply. Because use of the Service involves software and Internet access, Your ability to use the Service may be affected by the performance of Your broadband service. Mood Media is not responsible for Service interruptions caused by disruptions of Your internet service.
f. A sound system, including one or more amplifiers with an RCA input.
- Content. You are solely responsible for using Your Pandora account to select digital sound recordings (the “Content”) for Your business and ensuring that the Content is appropriate for the needs and sensitivities of Your business. Mood Media has activated Pandora’s explicit Content feature by default; however, You may change the default settings. You are responsible for and hereby release Mood Media and Pandora from any and all claims or liability relating to explicit lyrics, Content, topics, themes and innuendo included within the Service that may be objectionable to You, Your employees or Your clientele.
- Warranty. Mood Media warrants the Media Player to be free from original defects in material for a period of one (1) year after the shipping date (the “Warranty Period”). You agree to contact the Mood Media's Client Satisfaction center to troubleshoot the Media Player. Mood Media shall, in its sole discretion, replace defective Media Players, which shall be Mood Media's sole liability and Your exclusive remedy hereunder. The warranty does not cover: the Service, Pandora internet radio, any equipment other than the Media Player; damage to the Media Player caused by the negligent or willful acts of You, Your employees, agents or business invitees; theft; vandalism; water (or other liquids); fire; lightning; wind; snow; acts of God; or power surges. Failure to protect the Media Player from power surges will void any warranty hereunder.
- Copyright Licensing.
You agree to ensure that the Service is not transmitted, re-transmitted or amplified beyond the location(s) identified on Your Account or copied or modified in any manner or by any means. Mood Media shall pay applicable copyright license fees for Your use of the Service as authorized herein; provided, however, that the licenses that Mood Media provides do not cover any music used by You in the following ways: (a) music used by a DJ or VJ or to displace a live orchestra; (b) music used in areas of a Service location where an admission fee or cover charge is charged; (c) music used to accompany dancing (including ballrooms, discotheques and dance studios), bowling, skating or instructed health club classes; or (d) music included in commercial television programming or digital signage. In the event that You use the Service in connection with any of the foregoing uses, You are responsible for obtaining Your own performance rights licensing. If You are unsure if Your business will be covered by our licensing, please call us to confirm before purchase at 1-800-929-5407.
- Media Player. You agree to access the Service using only the Media Player issued directly to You by Mood Media. The Media Player is not transferrable and you are prohibited from using another Media Player to access the Service and from transferring Your Media Player to any other person or entity. In the event a Media Player other than the one issued to you directly comes into Your possession, You to agree to contact Mood Media to arrange for the return or exchange of the Media Player.
- Territory. The Service may be used only in the United States (the “Territory”). You agree not to use or attempt to use the Service from outside of the Territory.
- Minimum Age. The Service is not available for anyone under the age of 18. You represent that You are at least eighteen (18) years old, or have attained the age of majority in Your state.
10. Existing Mood Media Customers. If You are an existing Mood Media customer, registration for the Service will not affect Your existing Mood Media account or Your existing agreement with Mood Media, which shall remain in full force and effect.
11. User Account and Security.
a. Account and Password. As a registered user of the Service, You must establish a Mood Media account ("Your Account"). You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of Your Account. You should not reveal Your Account information to anyone else or use anyone else's account. You are responsible for all activities that occur on or through Your Account, and You agree to immediately notify Mood Media of any unauthorized use of Your Account or any other breach of security. Mood Media shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the use of Your Account. You shall not access or attempt to access an account that You are not authorized to access.
c. Security. You agree not to attempt to, or assist another person to, circumvent, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any technologies associated with the Service, the Media Player, the Software or any Content contained in the Service. You agree not to modify the Software or the Media Player in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software or the Media Player, for any purposes including obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. Mood Media may monitor Your compliance with this Agreement, and Mood Media reserves the right to enforce the Agreement with or without notice to You including terminating your Service and Account. Violations of this Agreement and system or network security may also result in civil or criminal liability.
12. Term. At the time You register for the Service, Your credit card will be charged for the Media Player and the first month of Service plus applicable sales tax and freight. Each subsequent month, Your credit card will be charged for that month’s Service on the same day you initiated Service, or the closest day to it (the “Monthly Renewal Date”). Your Service shall extend and renew on a monthly basis under the same terms and conditions and Your credit card will be charged on the Monthly Renewal Date for each month thereafter until You terminate this Agreement. Should You terminate the Agreement on a date other than the Monthly Renewal Date, Your Service will continue until the next Monthly Renewal Date, and no rebate or refund (partial or otherwise) will be available. In the event You terminate the Agreement within the first 30 days of Service, Mood will provide you with a refund for all Service and Equipment fees and sales tax you have paid, but not any freight charges you may have incurred.
14. Agreement to Pay.
a. Payment for Service. You agree to pay for the Service and any Media Player(s) that You purchase, and that Mood Media may charge Your credit card for any Service or Media Player purchased and for any additional amounts (including any freight charges, and sales taxes, if applicable) as may be accrued by or in connection with Your Account. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELY PAYMENT OF ALL FEES AND FOR PROVIDING Mood Media WITH A VALID CREDIT CARD FOR PAYMENT OF ALL FEES. All fees will be billed to the credit card You designate during the registration process or at any time thereafter. If You want to designate a different credit card or if there is a change in Your credit card account status, You must change Your credit card information online on the User Account page. In the event that Your credit card expires, You will receive an email notification requesting updated credit card information. (There may be a temporary disruption of Your access to the Service until Mood Media can verify the validity of the new credit card information.)
b. Right to Change Prices and Availability of Service. Prices and availability of the Service are subject to change at any time upon thirty (30) days’prior notice.
c. Electronic Signatures and Contracts. Your use of the Service includes the ability to enter into agreements and/or to make transactions electronically. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS CONSTITUTE YOUR AGREEMENT AND INTENT TO BE BOUND BY AND TO PAY FOR SUCH AGREEMENTS AND TRANSACTIONS AND THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR AGREEMENT AND INTENT TO BE BOUND BY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS APPLIES TO ALL RECORDS RELATING TO ALL TRANSACTIONS YOU ENTER INTO ON THIS SITE AND THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING NOTICES OF CANCELLATION, POLICIES, CONTRACTS, AND APPLICATIONS.
d. In order to access and retain Your electronic records, You may be required to have certain hardware and software, which are Your sole responsibility.
15. Intellectual Property.
a. Acknowledgement and Ownership. You agree that the Service, including but not limited to Content, metadata and graphics, contains proprietary information and material that is owned by Mood Media, Pandora, their partners and/or licensors, and that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, patent, and trade secret laws, and that You will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for use of the Service in compliance with the terms of this Agreement. No portion of the Service may be reproduced in any form or by any means, except as expressly permitted hereunder. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, or distribute the Service, or create derivative works based on the Service, in any manner, and You shall not exploit the Service in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity.
b. Copyrights. All copyrights in and to the Service, the Content, the Software and the Media Player, are owned by Mood Media, its partners (including Pandora) and/or its licensors, who reserve all their rights in law and equity. THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, THE MEDIA PLAYER OR ANY PART OF THE SERVICE, EXCEPT FOR USE OF THE SERVICE AS PERMITTED IN THIS AGREEMENT, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND INFRINGES ON THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF Mood Media AND/OR OTHERS (INCLUDING PANDORA) AND MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES, INCLUDING POSSIBLE MONETARY DAMAGES, FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
c. Trademarks. Mood Media and other Mood Media trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of Mood Media in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are granted no right or license with respect to any of the aforesaid trademarks and any use of such trademarks.
a. Termination by Mood Media. If You fail, or Mood Media suspects that You have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement, including but not limited to failure to make any payment due, failure to provide Mood Media with a valid credit card or with accurate and complete information, failure to safeguard Your Account information, violation of any license to the Software, or infringement or other violation of third parties' rights, Mood Media, at its sole discretion, without notice to You may: (i) terminate this Agreement and/or Your Account, and You will remain liable for all amounts due under Your Account up to and including the Monthly Renewal Date following the date of termination; and/or (ii) terminate the right to use the Software; and/or (iii) de-authorize the Media Player or otherwise preclude access to the Service (or any part thereof). Mood Media may charge You a reconnection fee in the event Your Account is terminated as a result of Your failure to pay fees due under this Agreement, or Your breach or violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement.
b. Termination of the Service. Mood Media reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service at any time upon thirty (30) days’ notice to You, and Mood Media will not be liable to You or to any third party should it exercise such rights. You may terminate Your access to the Service at any time by calling Mood Media’s Customer Service center at 800.929.5407.Upon termination, the Service will end as described in Section 12.
17. General Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to Your use of the Service. You warrant and represent that You are not listed on any sanctioned party or restricted person list maintained by the United States Department of the Treasury – Office of Foreign Asset Control, denied persons or denied entities lists maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security, or any similar list maintained by the United States or any other country, and that You will not sell or ship any of the Content or Equipment to or through Cuba, Crimea, Iran, Syria, Sudan, or North Korea.
18. Compliance with this Agreement. You agree that Mood Media has the right to cooperate with any legal process relating to Your use of the Service and/or Content, and/or a third party claim that Your use of the Service and/or Content is unlawful and/or infringes such third party's rights. You further agree that Mood Media has the right, without liability to You, to disclose any information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or a third party, including Pandora, as Mood Media believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement or the Pandora TOU.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties; Liability Limitations.
a. NONE OF Mood Media, ITS PARTNERS OR LICENSORS (INCLUDING PANDORA) GUARANTEES, REPRESENTS, OR WARRANTS THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND YOU AGREE THAT Mood Media MAY CANCEL THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME, UPON THIRTY (30) DAYS NOTICE.
b. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT DELIVERED TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
c. IN NO CASE SHALL Mood Media, PANDORA AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, PARTNERS OR LICENSORS (THE “COVERED ENTTITIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICE OR THE MEDIA PLAYER OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE MEDIA PLAYER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY SERVICE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, THE COVERED ENTITIES’ LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT WILL MOOD MEDIA’S LIABILITY FOR BE GREATER THAN THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO MOOD DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM OR ACTION.
d. Mood Media SHALL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, BUT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE COVERED ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
e. NONE OF THE COVERED ENTITIES REPRESENTS OR GUARANTEES THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND SUCH ENTITIES DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO.
20. Waiver and Indemnity. BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE COVERED ENTITIES HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY ACTION TAKEN BY Mood Media AS PART OF ITS INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR AS A RESULT OF ITS FINDING OR DECISION THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HAS OCCURRED. THIS MEANS THAT YOU CANNOT SUE OR RECOVER ANY DAMAGES FROM ANY COVERED ENTITY AS A RESULT OF ITS DECISION TO TAKE ANY OTHER ACTION DURING THE INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OR AS A RESULT OF Mood Media' CONCLUSION THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HAS OCCURRED. THIS WAIVER AND INDEMNITY PROVISION APPLIES TO ALL VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN OR CONTEMPLATED BY THIS AGREEMENT.
21. USE OF YOUR NAME. So long as You subscribe to the Service, Mood Media and/or Pandora may use Your name and/or logo to identify You as a customer of the Service.
22. ASSIGNMENT. This Agreement may not be assigned by You without the written consent of Mood Media; however, this Agreement is fully assignable by Mood Media. Subject to the foregoing regarding assignment, this Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon Your successors and assigns.
23. Changes. Mood Media reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to update, revise, supplement, and otherwise modify this Agreement and to impose new or additional rules, policies, terms, or conditions on Your use of the Service. Such updates, revisions, supplements, modifications, and additional rules, policies, terms, and conditions (collectively referred to in this Agreement as "Additional Terms") will be effective immediately upon notification of such Additional Terms as permitted in Section 23. Your continued use of the Service following these updates will be deemed to constitute Your acceptance of any and all such Additional Terms. All Additional Terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by this reference, and all references to this Agreement include the Additional Terms.
24. Notices. Mood Media may send You notice with respect to the Service by sending an email message to the email address listed in Your Account information, by sending a letter via postal mail to the mailing address listed in Your Account information, or by posting updated Terms of Service at dmx.com/Pandora [. Notices shall become effective immediately.
25. Governing Law. The laws of the State of Texas, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern this Agreement and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute with Mood Media or relating in any way to Your use of the Service resides in the courts of the city of Austin in the State of Texas.
26. Miscellaneous. This Agreement together with the Pandora TOU constitutes the entire agreement between You and Mood Media relating to Your use of the Service. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. Mood Media' failure to enforce any right or provisions in this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such provision, or any other provision of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. Mood Media will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.